Thursday, July 5, 2007

"PURPLEINA" AN ART DOLL (sold)


Here I am introducing you to PURPLEINA!!! She is one of my little masterpieces (!!!) that I did after I bought a Jenga game at the charity shop for pence and wondered what I could make from the pieces. Well, I made her!!! The polymer face is one of my own, the silk dress is from some of my painted silk I keep on hand which I paint myself for just such a use. The arms are from a batch of barbie dolls I bought and severed their arms for other art projects. She even has legs but they are not visible on this picture. The hair is wool I dyed, her wings are golden leaves, and her little headpiece and fronticepiece are of painted tyvek that was left over from a project I did for BELLE AMOIRE magizine. Her body is the Jenga piece! That's it!!! Lots of fun to make and she now resides in Texas, USA.

2 comments:

paru's_circle said...

You sure she doesnt have a sister by the name of Esmeralda that you havent shown us yet? ;-)
keep those creative juices flowing!
hugs
P.

INGENIOUSLYCREATIVE DESIGNS said...

You're too funny Pauline!!!! But, that is a good idea....Esmeralda.....a perfect name for my next Jenga Doll!!!!xoxoxCarol